Asperger’s Association of New England
AANE Programs & Services
In addition to its regular core classes and seminars, AANE is continually developing new offerings in order to provide up-to-date, innovative programs for our dynamic community. There programs are for adults with AS, teens with AS, parents of individuals with AS, partners of adults with AS, and educators and other professionals. They offer
- Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- One-time Events
- Support, Social and Activity Groups run by parents of children with AS, adults with AS, and/or staff members
- Online Support Groups
- Programs in Spanish led by our Spanish-speaking staff, including seminars and workshops by arrangement
Because there programs change often, we encourage you to check there web site periodically for updates. E-mail reminders will also be sent to those of you who are on our e-mail mailing list.
For Organizations, Schools and Businesses
AANE staff provide on-site consultations and trainings by arrangement.
The family grant is closed for 2013. You are welcome to submit an application for 2014.
Many children with Asperger Syndrome could benefit greatly from services and programs that can incur significant financial expense for the average family. Thanks to the generous support of the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, AANE has the pleasure of providing financial assistance for families WHO LIVE IN NEW ENGLAND and need a little help paying for these services.
To apply for this program, please complete the online application and be sure to send in the required supporting documents. Applications cannot be considered until all required paperwork is received.
Qualifications for a Grant
- Live anywhere in New England.
- Have a child diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, High Functioning Autism or a closely related condition within the autism spectrum. (Children with intellectual disabilities are not eligible for this grant.)
- Meet the guidelines for financial need. This grant is specifically for low and moderate income families. Priority will be given to families with an income at or under $44,100 (for a family of four), although in special circumstances families with higher income will be considered. There will be a cut off at what the Federal Government considers the top of the moderate income bracket. Please do not apply if your family income exceeds these guidelines:
- $29,140 for a family of 2
- $36,620 for a family of 3
- $44,100 for a family of 4
- $51,580 for a family of 5
- $59,060 for a family of 6
Grants will range from $50.00 – $500.00
What you can ask for
You may apply to use the money for anything that directly improves the life of a child with Asperger Syndrome or related diagnosis.
Examples of possible uses of grant money:
|Adapted Bicycle||Occupational therapy|
|Adaptive swimming lessons||Physical therapy|
|Appropriate clothing||Puzzles and Games|
|Art classes||Respite Care|
|Books and videos||Sensory Integration training|
|Camp Tuition/Aide’s Salary||Social skills training|
|Computer Software||Speech therapy|
|Educational conference fees||Sports equipment|
|Educational evaluation||Therapeutic skating lessons|
|Horseback-riding lessons||Video games|
|Membership to the YMCA||Vision services|
To be considered for funds, please supply the necessary paperwork listed below. Feel free to explain any unusual or special circumstances regarding your need that may not be evident by completing the application.
- Complete the application (click here).
- Documentation of family income.
- If you are required to file a tax return, please supply the first page of your most current completed tax return.
- If you are not required to file a tax return, please supply alternative documentation, such as unemployment income, SSI, or transitional assistance.
- Documentation of diagnosis
- IEP- Student Strengths and Key Evaluation Results Summary page or Neuropsychological testing report summary page.
- Documentation must be within the last 5 years.
When all the paperwork is received, it will be reviewed by the AANE Family Grants Administrator.
- If funds are available, the Family Grants Administrator will notify approved applicants and the AANE Controller will issue a check to the family or to the service provider indicated on the application.
- If applicant wants to change the use of funds after acceptance, approval by the AANE Family Grants Administrator is necessary.
- If an application is rejected, the applicant will receive notification of the reason for the rejection. In that case, families should feel free to reapply if their circumstances change.
Proof of service or purchase of goods
Families receiving money must send receipts or other proof of purchase for the agreed upon goods or services to AANE. This grant will be audited by a CPA and we must have proper documentation!!!
Please feel free to call the AANE Family Grants Administrator at 617 393-3824 x41 if you have any questions regarding the application process.