Oh No! Our Government has shut down!!
What now? We have been flooded with this exact question.
Here is the response given by the VA for all Veterans who are in the process of getting a wheelchair van:
It’s simple; business as usual.
For a complete guide to ‘what now’ during this Government shutdown:
VETERANS FIELD GUIDE TO GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN
All VA medical facilities and clinics will remain fully operational, including:
1. In patient Care
2. Out patient Care
9. SpecialHealthCare Services
• Military Sexual TraumaCounseling
• Readjustment Counseling Services(VetCenters)
• Interments in National Cemeteries will continue,but may be on a reduced schedule.
Contact NCA’s Scheduling Office at 1-800-535-1117
• MyHealtheVet–All Services
Claims processing and payments in the compensation,pension, education, and vocational rehabilitation programs are anticipated to continue through late October.
However, in the event of a prolonged shutdown, claims processing and payments in these programs would be suspended when available funding is exhausted. NCA will process applications for headstones, markers, medallions.
• Insurance Processing
• Home Loan Processing
• NCA will notify VBAof death for benefit actions
• VBA Call Centers will be operational except for education
• Acquisitions Logistics Center will accept and fill prosthetics supply orders
• Office of Small and Disadvantaged Small Businesses
• VeteransCrisis Line
Operational National Phone Numbers for Veterans
• VA National Call Center: 1-800-827-1000
• All VA Medical Facilities & Services: (411 or http://www2.va.gov/directory/guide/division_flsh.asp?dnum=1 )
• Coaching into Care Call Center for Family Members of Veterans: 1-888-823-7458
• Debt Management Center: (Collection of NonMedical Debts): 1-800-827-0648
• Homeless Prevention Line:
1-877-4AID VET (877-424-3838)
• Home Loans: 1-888-244-6711
• Insurance: 1-800-669-8477
• Mammography Helpline: 1-888-492-7844
• Meds by Mail: 1-888-385-0235 (or) 1-866-229-7389
• National Caregiver Support Line:1-855-260-3274
• NCA’s Scheduling Office: 1-800-535-1117
• Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
• Women Veterans Call Center: 1-855-VA-WOMEN (1-855-829-6636)
• Federal Service for the Deaf: 711
• Vet Center Combat Call Center: 1-877-WAR-VETS
• Discrimination: 1-888-737-3361
• Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center: 1-303-273-6200
• Health Benefits Customer Service: 1-877-222-VETS (8387).
• CHAMPVA: 1-800-733-8387
• Children of Women Vietnam Veterans; Foreign Medical Program; Spina Bifida Health Care Program: 1-877-345-8179 (or) 1-888-820-1756
So there you have it folks, for now it is business as usual! Please share this with your friends.