The ability to get in and out of your vehicle easily and comfortably is one of the most important steps in gaining a true sense of freedom. Climbing, twisting and lifting make transferring from a wheelchair into a car’s seat difficult for people with disabilities or limited mobility. While built-in seating is the safest option when driving or riding as a passenger, the physical demands of the transfer process can take a toll on both your body and your caregiver’s.
The introduction of Turning Automotive Seating Systems like the Bruno Valet family of products, Adapt Solutions’ XL Base and B&D Independence’s Transfer Seat Base have been a welcomed addition to the world of adaptive vehicle equipment. Revolutionizing the entry and exit process for drivers or passengers with disabilities, this type of seating solution eliminates the difficulties of lifting, climbing and twisting with innovative mechanisms.
Turning seat systems offer a variety of features and options, including:
- Ease-of-use and added comfort.
- Ability to be mounted on a number of vehicle types, including sedans, SUVs, full and minivans, pick-up trucks, and more.
- Easy installation process that does not alter your vehicle’s structure or affect your resale value.
- Driver or passenger side installation.
- Manual or fully powered, one button operated options.
- Eligible for reimbursement under the terms of Mobility Programs offered by most major auto manufacturers.
- Use of standard vehicle seatbelts.
- Power recline, flip up footrests, seatbelt guide, posture vests, padded hip belts, armrests and other additional features available in certain models.
Due to their versatility and easy of use, auto mobility seating systems can make your dreams of independence a reality.