The Subaru Mobile-It-Ease™ Program provides reimbursement of up to $500 on new Subaru vehicles from authorized Subaru dealers in the United States to help qualifying owners get necessary vehicle modification due to medically recognized physical disabilities.
Subaru Legacy, Outback, Impreza, Forester and Tribeca models can be modified to provide added features, including but not limited to:
- Left-hand gear shifter
- Hand and foot controls
- Servo-assisted controls
- Steering devices
- Pedal extensions
- Turn-signal modification
Subaru is proud to bring the active safety and reliability to as many drivers as possible.
See brochure for complete details.
Enroll in the Program
Get the Form
Download, print, complete and sign the Claim Form
- Original Claim Form, completed and signed
- Purchase order from a Subaru dealership
- Doctor’s letter or prescription describing the condition and modification necessary
- Receipt from the installation facility that clearly shows payment was made in full
Mail the four documents to:
Subaru of America, Inc. Customer Dealer Services Department
P.O. Box 6000
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Please allow at least four to six weeks for processing.
- Applies only to the purchase of new Subaru vehicles from authorized Subaru dealers in the United States.
- The Mobile-It-Ease™ program covers only necessary equipment to adapt an eligible Subaru vehicle for persons with disabilities. The adaptations require a prescription or letter from a medical doctor. (Subaru factory optional equipment is not reimbursable under this program.)
- Subaru will reimburse up to $500 of vehicle modifications
- Vehicle modifications must be made within six months of vehicle purchase. A properly completed Claim Form for reimbursement along with all necessary supporting documentation (listed above) must be submitted to Subaru of America, Inc.’s CDS Department within 180 days of installation (refer to address on claim form).
- Subaru of America, Inc.’s decision on eligibility is final.
The following items are considered obvious adaptations that would qualify for this program, though they may not apply to your vehicle. If your adaptation is not on this list, or if you have any questions, please call 1-800-SUBARU-3 for approval.
- Reduced Effort Brakes
- Driving Consoles
- Elbow Switches
- Emergency Back-Up Brake System
- Foot Control Steering
- Gear Selector Lever for Left Hand
- Hand Controls
- Left Foot Accelerator
- Parking Brake – Electric
- Parking Brake – Extension Lever
- Quad Key Holder/Turner
- Servo Assisted Controls
- Siren Detectors
- Steering System – Emergency Back-Up
- Steering System – Reduced and Zero Effort
- Turn Signal Lever for Right Hand
- Wheelchair and/or Scooter Lifts or Ramps
- Wheelchair Carrier on Top of Vehicle
- Steering Devices
(Factory Option Power Seats NOT ELIGIBLE for reimbursement.)