Supports the mobility needs of Lexus owners and/or family members with physical disabilities.
PROgRAM ELEMENTS INCLUDE:
- Lexus Mobility Assistance
Provides new or wheelchair-accessible converted Lexus retail vehicle buyers with a cash reimbursement of up to $1,000 (paid directly to the retail buyer) to help offset expenses incurred for the following:• Purchase and/or installation of qualifying adaptive mobility equipment• Vehicle conversion required for wheelchair accessibility. This offer applies only to new and/or wheelchair-accessible converted mobility vehicles with less than 799 miles.
Refer to the attached guidelines and reimbursement application form for detailed requirements; maximum $1,000 per vehicle ID number (VIN).
- Comprehensive Mobility Resource Information Available at www.lexus.com/mobility and https://newenglandwheelchairvan.com
- Lexus Financial Services† Mobility Financing
Available upon credit approval, through Lexus financial Services and participating Lexus dealers. Provides flexible, extended-term financing for persons with physical disabilities or their families, for purchasing a new Lexus vehicle with the installed adaptive equipment (including installation costs). Please contact your local participating Lexus dealer for details.A PROVEN PROCESS FOR gAININg FREEDOM ON THE ROADLexus supports the u.S. Department of Transportation’s recommended process, which is detailed in the brochure “Adapting Motor Vehicles for People with disAbilities.”The process includes these steps:
- Determine your state’s driver’s license requirements
- Evaluate your needsContact a mobility equipment dealer in your area to identify the adaptive equipment most suited to your needs.
- Select the right vehicle
Consult with your evaluator, an adaptive equipment installer and your local Lexus dealer to determine the best Lexus model to meet your needs.
- Choose a qualified mobility equipment installer
Shop around and ask about qualifications, capabilities, experience, warranty coverage and service. Confirm they are members of the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) or another organization that has established vehicle conversion standards.
- Obtain training on the use of the new equipment
when this process is complete, follow the guidelines and complete and submit the attached application for assistance to recover up to $1,000 of the cost of your adaptive equipment and/or conversion.
* Subject to advance written lessor approval. Note: Not all leasing companies will approve the installation of adaptive equipment, so be sure to check and obtain written approval first.
Lexus will provide a cash reimbursement of up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail customer, for the exact cost they paid to purchase and/or install qualifying adaptive driving or passenger equipment for transporting persons with physical disAbilities.* This offer applies to all purchased or leased new Lexus vehicles. Leased vehicles require advance written lessor approval of adaptive equipment installations.**
- Only new vehicles sold or leased and delivered to a retail customer by an authorized Lexus dealer are eligible for reimbursement under this program. fleet incentive recipients are not eligible to participate in this program. Excludes mobility vehicles converted for wheelchair access with less than 799 miles.
- Reimbursement not to exceed $1,000 per qualifying Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- The adaptive equipment must be purchased and installed within 12 months of vehicle purchase or lease. A ReimbursementApplication form must be submitted to Lexus Customer Satisfaction within 90 days of complete installation of adaptive equipment.Note: Lexus will reimburse the labor cost and required materials for transferring existing equipment from a used vehicle to a new Lexus. Lexus recommends the transfer be performed by an NMEDA Dealer with qAP certification.
- qualifying adaptive equipment or conversion is defined as any aftermarket alteration or equipment installation on an eligible Lexus vehicle that provides the disabled user convenient access and/or the ability to drive the vehicle. Equipment installed must be within vehicle weight limits and any hitch-mounted device must be within hitch load and tongue weight limits as identified in the vehicle’s Owner’s Manual and on www.lexus.com/mobility.
- A prescription or note from a licensed medical doctor on physician’s letterhead is required for reimbursement, except as noted on page 3. for a limited number of adaptations, such as hand controls, no medical note or prescription is required. Any modifications not listed on this application as an obvious mobility adaptation must have a written document from a licensed medical doctor describing the customer’s disability/limitation. Lexus dealer-installed accessories are not reimbursable under the Lexus Mobility Assistance Program. for pedal extender reimbursement, the customer must be medically diagnosed with a physical condition.Questions about other adaptations should be directed to Lexus Customer Satisfaction at (800) 255-3987.
- To obtain reimbursement, the Reimbursement Application form must be completed in its entirety and signed by the customer and the selling dealership. It should be mailed along with a copy of the vehicle sales or lease agreement, the adaptive equipment company’s paid invoice showing payment by the vehicle owner,* a Lessor Letter of Authorization (for leased vehicles**) and a prescription or note from a licensed medical doctor on physician’s letterhead (when required) to the following address:LExUS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION MAIL DROP L201
19001 S. WESTERN AVENUE TORRANCE, CA 90501Payment to the individual Mobility Assistance Program customer will be mailed within 6–8 weeks after receipt of an approved claim form and all required documentation.
Please call Lexus Customer Satisfaction with any questions:
(800) 255-3987 or (800) 443-4999–TTY
ELIgIBLE MOBILITY ADAPTATIONS FOR DRIVERS/PASSENgERS
Lexus dealer-installed accessories are not reimbursable under the Lexus Mobility Assistance Program.
The following adaptations would be considered obvious mobility adaptations and, as such, do not require a doctor’s note, or completion of the LICENSED MEDICAL DOCTOR VALIDATION section of the Reimbursement Application form or other documentation, to qualify for reimbursement.
Vehicle Entry and Exit
Automatic Door and Lift Controls Automatic Door Opener
hoist or Lifter-type products to store scooters, manual wheelchairs and power wheelchairs into the rear trunk, hatch or side-door opening.
Powered Running board Lift
Turning Automotive Seating
– Lift-up Seats
– Swivel seats and Swivel power-out-and-down seating Vinyl Seat Covers (front seating area only)
Driving Consoles for Relocation of Secondary Controls
gear Selector Lever for Left hand
Power Channels/Power Pan
Rear wheel Tie-Down
Seat base, Detachable
Turn Signal Lever for Right hand
wheelchair Tie-Down and/or Lockdown System
Adaptive Steering Devices Amputee Ring
foot Control Steering horizontal Steering
Steering System (cont.)
quad-grip with Pin
Steering Column Extension
Steering System — Emergency back-up Steering System — Reduced and Zero Effort Tri-Pin
brakes — Reduced Effort Emergency back-up brake System floor-Mounted Push/Pull Control foot Pedal Extension
Left foot Accelerator
Parking brake — Electric
Parking brake — Extension Lever Servo-Assisted Controls
Joystick Driving Systems
Other Vehicle Modifications
Center Console Relocation
Companion or Mobility SeatTM
hitch-Mounted wheelchair Carrier, including bruno Exterior Lift Solution 3
quad Key holder/Turner
wheelchair Carrier on Top of Vehicle