Rehabilitation describes specialized healthcare dedicated to improving, maintaining or restoring physical strength, cognition and mobility with maximized results. Typically, rehabilitation helps people gain greater independence after illness, injury or surgery.
Usually delivered by a diverse team of experts, rehabilitation blends many specialties for the best treatment plan, such as:
- Physical therapy for increased strength and mobility
- Occupational therapy for improved everyday living skills
- Speech and language therapy for improved communication
Enhanced healing and function with rehabilitation therapy
Rehabilitation plays a critical role in healing, repair and recovery in a wide range of injuries, illnesses and conditions:
- Improves speech, everyday skills and mobility in stroke, head injury and other neurological disorders
- Strengthens bones and promotes muscular healing after total joint replacement surgery and other orthopedic surgery
- Maximizes function and independence after spinal cord injury
- And many others
Rehabilitation therapy pairs a team of expert doctors, nurses, therapists and other healthcare professionals with advanced technology. Each plan is custom-designed for the patient’s diverse individual needs.